Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day CCCXLIV

Showing Faith!

    “It’s a lot of money,” the girl added.

    “Indeed it is.”

    “So what do we do?”

    “Ummm…well we have to tell the authorities, and we have to keep it in a safe place.”

     They all nodded their heads in agreement. Then he looked at the two of them, and eyeballed each one for a moment.

     “We need to show faith to one another, so that we know that we can trust one another.” He paused for a moment, then with his poker face asked, “Do you understand?”

     “Okay, how do we do that?” Lisa asked.

     “Well I have a lot of money in my account in that bank over there,” he pointed to a local bank across the street.

     “So!” Ms. Lucy exclaimed.

     “Well…I can take out ten thousand, each of you must do the same, and then we put it all together, as an act of faith. You know to show that we trust each other.”

     “Then what?”

     “If nobody claims it, we take back our money, and divide the rest evenly between ourselves.”

     “I don’t know,” Ms. Lucy hesitated.

     “Excuse me, I’ll be right back.”

     He left, and the ladies saw him walk across the street and into the bank. He was back a few moments later with the ten grand, and sat down again.

     “Ahhh…here we are,” he smiled as he showed them his share of faith.

     “Okay I can do this,” Slicker whispered.

     “How about you madam, are you with us?

     “Well…my bank is across town?”

     “Where?

     “On turd Avenue and hundred forty ninth street,” she murmured.

     “Oh that’s no problem my car is down the street I can take you there.”

     “Well my bank is two blocks away, I can walk over there.”

     “Well then why don’t you go get your faith, and I’ll drive Ms. Lucy to her bank.”

     “Wait, wait wait a minute!”

     “What’s wrong?”

     “How abouda money ina purse?”

No comments:

Post a Comment